There are any number of factors that can make or break a nightclub. Is the club considered a safe place to visit and have fun or does it have a reputation for violence and fights? Is the customer service staff friendly and outgoing? How good are the DJ’s? Is there enough space or does the club allow overcrowding? One aspect I had not previously thought about was what impact can a bartender have on the club? As I thought about it, I then had to wonder, what makes a good bartender and how much of a role do they have on the performance of a club or bar? Can a bottle service make a difference for a nightclub and help the bartenders out and, if so, how?
Bottle service in a nightclub is usually part of a premium package offered to groups that provides perks not offered to the regular patrons. Services may vary from club to club but in general a couple of things always seem to be consistent. Groups receive VIP treatment and get special seating or depending on group size, a private room with a bar and server. All services offer a bottle or two of top shelf liquor or wine and mixers, chosen in advance as part of the purchase price. And last, but not least, a bottle server who is dedicated to taking care of the mixing and serving of drinks, often employing the use of bottle locks to control access to the drinks.
Not being really familiar with what it takes to be a good bartender I sought out some web sites dedicated to bartending. I found one interesting site called barschool.com that had an article titled, “How To Be A Good Bartender”. The writer, Joe Bruno, Director of American Bartenders School, named several key points that make a good bartender:
• Always Have A Good Attitude – The writer compares the bartender stepping behind the bar to an actor stepping onto a stage ready to perform for an audience.
• Stay Alert – He reminds the bartender that they are responsible for keeping garnish trays filled and watching for customers who need another drink.
• Make suggestions – The author points out that if a customer appears indecisive a good bartender will make suggestions.
• Always Check IDs – It recommends that a bartender should check ID on anyone who appears to be under 30 and goes on to explain possible ramifications if someone under age is served.
• Keep a Tidy Bar – The bartender should ensure the bar is neat and clean of trash and debris.
• Be Professional – He discusses the importance of a professional appearance and attitude, and keeping conversations fun as time permits. Customers return when they have a good experience.
As I read the points, it dawned on me that a bottle service waiter/waitress can possess all of these qualities and if they do, it could mean returning customers to the nightclub.
A server will be able to better control each aspect of this list on a much smaller and controlled level. Rather than being focused on a crowded bar, the server has the time to have the conversations with the group members and make drink suggestions. The server controls the bottle locks on the wine or spirit bottles for the groups they are taking care of so they can ensure no one in the group is underage. The control of the bottle lock key also has the added benefit of helping a server to prevent group members from becoming too intoxicated and creating problems in the club. Finally, bottle service staff should be hired with customer service skills and a good attitude a primary attribute during the hiring process.
Clearly, a bottle service can improve the club experience for patrons who purchase it, providing personalized service and attention. It can also assist the main bartender by removing some of the crowd at the bar and he or she can improve their level of service and attention to the rest of the club patrons. In addition, the use of bottle locks by the staff acts as a safety check against underage drinkers and over-intoxicated partiers. In summation, bottle services will have patrons returning for a unique nightclub experience that provides superb customer service.
Get more information on bottle service, contact us or call 1.770.426.0547 today.