THE ULTIMATE REVIEW – THUNDER TAGS
In my opinion, the Alpha thunder tag is one of those under-used and under-appreciated security devices. Not only can it help to secure your merchandise, it’s a great way to approach the security of in-store technology. Chances are you have tablets, smart phones or another computer that you use for store business. If you’re a smaller store, that may be your entire point of sale. How would someone stealing your only point of sale affect your business? You’d probably have to close up shop for at least a day to report it to police and purchase a new one. Do you really want to go through that? Secure your pieces of technology folks. It will save you some major headaches.
1. Custom adhesive backing – you don’t have to worry about this damaging your pricey computer, tablet or store display.
2. 3 alarm – meaning that the device will set off the towers, it will sound an audible alert if it is tampered with, and (my favorite part) will self-alarm with a 95dba alarm after it leaves the store. (I’ve personally used other 3 alarm tags in the past, and I had a shoplifter run out with product. When the police pulled him over he denied having stolen goods… but the officers could hear the alarm coming from his trunk!)
3. Small profile – The profile of the thunder tag makes is easy to use on a variety of merchandise and in store pieces of equipment.
1. Display items – The only way to sell an electronics item is to put it in the hands of your customer. A great way to maximize your display opportunities in the store. Out of the myriad of Alpha hard tags, this is one of the only tags that are designed specifically for display merchandise.
2. Store tablets and other pieces of technology – this can also include Texlon units, store computers and other high value tools. This is really one of the only alpha hard tags that can provide any protection to these items.
1. I really love the 3 alarm. I’ve had shoplifters literally throw the product out of their car window as they fled the store because of the alarm. This is a great feature.
2. Open concept merchandising – We all know that the more opportunity your customer has to physically interact with a product, the higher the chances are that they will make a purchase. The thunder tags allow you to get more product out in your customer’s hands.
1. One size – I’d really like to see a smaller size option. While it’s great for those larger item, I’ve found it difficult to use on smaller items like handheld GPS units.
I’ve seen this tag misused so many times, that I felt I had to include this line here. Don’t apply this tag to boxed electronics. It will do nothing to prevent a thief from stealing the item INSIDE the box. There are plenty of other alpha hard tags for that. This tags should be used solely on display merchandise. You would think I wouldn’t have to say that, but I’ve had so many managers that have done just that. Think like a thief and you can beat them just about every time.
In closing out, I am a fan of the thunder tag. It’s a very practical and economical way to secure display merchandise as well as the technology you use to conduct business. When it comes to preventing losses and maximizing sales, this tag has it all.
For more information about Alpha Thunder Tags, contact us or call 1.770.426.0547