Continuing on with my review series, I thought we can take a few minutes and talk about the Alpha eyewear tag. I had to do a bit of researching on this one, as my company doesn’t use this tag. Luckily for me, a buddy of mine manages a sunglass store in the local mall. I got to see some up close this past weekend. Sunglasses are a hot market right now for thieves. As retailers, you have to do everything in your power to prevent shoplifting, or else your bottom line will suffer. So, how does it stack up?
1. The eyewear tag comes in three sizes; small, large and extra-large.
2. It does have a protective cushion on the inside of the tag that protects your glasses from scuffs.
3. It will work with both AM and RF systems.
4. Un-Obstructive* to the wearer
1. Primary use is on designer sunglasses, or really any sunglass that you’re having a theft problem.
2. I didn’t think this was a problem, but I’ve heard of them being used with prescription glasses (think optometrist’s office). Who steals from their doctor? I guess I really shouldn’t be surprised, though.
1. As far as preventing shoplifting, these tags will. The Alpha eyewear tag makes a statement to any thief when they walk into your store. The tags are very noticeable, so they do provide you with a great visual deterrence.
2. It’s one of those tags that you will more than likely break the product before you break the tag, if you’re a thief with a pair of pliers. They are quite sturdy and have a very solid grip on the frame.
3. Displays – if your store only sells sunglasses, you obviously will have them all displayed. How else will you sell them? You need to protect your displays from walking off. In addition, for those other retailers who dabble in eyewear, wouldn’t you rather your customers be able to try on any pair of shades at any time, without the need for an employee to open a case? I hate waiting for employees in a store… your customers do as well.
1. I marked it with an * above… for all the product descriptions you will find on this product, they all say it is not obstructive to the wearer. Well, personally, I felt the tag was a bit on the bulky side. Even the small size bothered me a bit as I was trying on sunglasses. It wasn’t bad to a point where I would give up on shopping, but rather I’d like to see Alpha work on trimming down the size a bit more here.
Like I said, if you are having a serious problem with sunglass theft, and you need a solution to prevent shoplifting, these tags will work for you. I do like the visual deterrent they provide, which also allows you to maximize your display selection. An opportunistic thief will steal a pair of shades if they know they can get away with it. Having this tag makes a bold statement to that shoplifter. Additionally, the Alpha eyewear tag will help boost your sales in two ways. It will prevent shrink caused by shoplifters. Also by allowing you to maximize your display opportunities, you will be putting more product in the hands of your customers. This is a sure fire way to increase sales.
For more information about Eyewear Tags, contact us or call 1.770.426.0547